Friday, January 20, 2012

Remember - Part 1

As of yesterday I have had this blog for one year.  I really only wanted to write on here for 12 months so that I could have "a year in the life" type thing for our family to keep.  Unfortunately,  I got a little distracted during the summer/fall months and didn't blog at all.  This means that I have a lot of things I still want to put on here before I can call it good.  So, don't worry Mom - you can count on having this to read for a bit longer!    



For me, the best parts of motherhood and family life are just the simple little things.  The regular days that feel just right because we are together. 


Dear boys,
Will you remember that your mom cannot resist an ice cream truck?  It makes me happy to hear that music off in the distance.  It's so old fashioned and charming (that is, if you don't let yourself get freaked out by how creepy it could be).

On this warm summer day we had just finished our snow cones when this truck approached...we couldn't let the opportunity pass by.  Nobody ever died from eating two treats in a row.

I hope you remember. 

Love, Mom






Owen, thank you for being the only one to smile.  Hudson and Jude - you made these weird faces on purpose. Dad was telling you to smile right as I took the picture...and you did this instead.  






Dear boys,
Will you remember how good cinnamon toast tastes on pretty summer mornings - especially sitting next to a brother in a blanket that Grandma made?  Will you remember that when loads of friends come over your dad and I make giant piles of cinnamon toast and you all go to town?

I hope you remember.

Love, Mom








Dear boys,
Will you remember how Quinn likes to come into your room and lay by you when you are supposed to be falling asleep?  Will you remember him saying, "Boys wake? Boys wake?"

Quinn calls the three of you: boys, brothers or HudsOhJude.

"HudsOhJude are you?!  HudsOhJude are you?"

I hope you remember.

Love, Mom











Dear Quinn,
Right as you fall asleep you always put your arms behind your head like a wise old man.  It's so cute.

I hope I remember.

Love, Mom






Dear Jude,
Will you remember how much you loved to build and draw when you were little?  After your creation is complete you usually tell me, "I made this for Dad."

I hope you remember.

Love, Mom






Dear Quinn,

You went through the funniest stage where you would bring me all sorts of things and tell me to put them on you.  "On me.  On me."

You can pull off that underwear on the outside thing better than anyone I've ever seen.

I hope I remember.

Love, Mom




"The happiest people I know are not those who find their golden ticket;  they are those who, while in pursuit of worthy goals, discover and treasure the beauty and sweetness of the everyday moments."
Dieter F. Uchtdorf


I dedicate this post to the little everyday things that make me happy to be alive.

1 comment: