The boys cuddled the dog while they waited for us to get ready.
The kids enjoyed watching the band finish setting up. We were there early apparently...we can't ever seem to be fashionably late. That's just not how we roll.
Have I ever mentioned that I get a kick out of talking with Hudson and pretending like I'm trying to say all the cool terms kids say - but in the most uncool way I can muster? I crack myself up and he chuckles while rolling his eyes. It's epic.
Owen (my hope for our family musician) was soaking it all in.
Quinn was trying to look cool at his first concert.
The band looked cool without even trying to look cool. Or maybe they've been trying for so long that now they have finally morphed into cool. I don't know. Maybe they actually aren't even cool. Maybe they are dorks like us who just happen to be talented. Either way, the boys were enjoying it.
Owen was so caught up in a song the lead singer was performing that he got a little teary. My sister pointed it out to me so I asked Owen if he was ok. He told me he was just worried about the singer's wife....the dude (I don't know their names, sorry) had started this song by telling the audience that he wrote it when his wife was going through a very hard time. I guess Owen couldn't forget about that b/c after the concert he asked the kid if his wife was doing ok now. He assured Owen that she was fine.
Quinn kept pointing to the drummer...
and was quite mesmerized by the whole thing.
We bought Cd's and shirts afterward so that our kids could really feel like groupies. Hudson has worn his shirts a gazillion times.
It was the end of our vacation and a beautiful outdoor concert was a nice way to wrap it up.
I dedicate this post to my Sister Sue. Thank you for having us! My kids have been talking about re-visiting your house ever since. Does that thought make you smile or cringe?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment