Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Come On Baby Drive South...With The One You Love

Dear spring break - Won't you come around more often? I wish we could have more weeks like this one you gave us. Thanks for the fun!

Family time....the best kind of time.

After a long winter my hope for this trip was to make sure we spent as much time as possible OUTDOORS! I didn't have to convince the others...the warm sunshine did the convincing.

LOTS OF SWIMMING
SHARKS AND MINNOWS
GIANT GOGGLES
ENERGETIC DAD
OWEN HOLDING HIS BREATH UNDER WATER FOREVER..."Is he ok?"
HAPPY BABY




PARKS
FOUR DIFFERENT PARKS - OVER AND OVER
EACH PARK HAD A GREAT SNACK BAR - THE KARL AND BARB CAFE'
AGAIN, ENERGETIC DAD



HANGING OUT
MY MOM - THE BEST COMPANY
FLYING KITES WITH GRANDPA
A BICYCLE BUILT FOR TWO
FEEDING THE DUCKS AND SWANS EVERY DAY
HANGING WITH COUSINS (My kids have the coolest older cousins.)
FLYING THE PLANE ON THE GOLF COURSE
*ONE OF MY HIGHLIGHTS WAS HIKING WITH MY SISTER IN LAW AND NIECE. I DIDN'T TAKE MY CAMERA BECAUSE IT'S BULKY...BUT WHEN I SAW THE VIEWS I WISHED I HAD! THANKS FOR TAKING ME GIRLS! I WISH I COULD GO WITH YOU EVERYDAY!
*ANOTHER HIGHLIGHT WAS SEEING QUINN PLAY WITH MY BROTHER TONY...FINALLY ONE OF MY BABIES LIKES HIM!




LIZARD CATCHING
A GROUP EFFORT...IT'S BACK THERE SOMEWHERE!
JUDE READY TO SHOOT IT DOWN
GRANDPA ADVISING AND SCHEMING WITH BOYS
HUDSON HAPPY (?) THAT HE CAUGHT IT
OWEN RUNNING AWAY
JUDE RUNNING AWAY
MOM (ME) WANTING TO RUN AWAY....THE THING WAS HUGE!
GRANDMA WITH THE CONTAINER (Which worked until I accidentally dropped it and the alligator escaped - Hudson was quite pleased with me.)





DOWN TIME
PLAYING WITH ALL THE FUN TOYS GRANDMA AND GRANDPA HAVE AROUND
SNUGGLING WITH THE SPECIAL DOG BLANKET GRANDPA HAS
PLAYING CARDS
SNUGGLE READING
GIVING GRANDPA A BLACK EYE (Brian told me Quinn was responsible and I believed him...he is capable but thankfully it wasn't him...or any of my boys....phew!)
ONE EXHAUSTED BABY




A VACATION WITH MY GANG = ONE LUCKY, HAPPY GIRL


BUT...
NEVER A TRIP TAKEN WITHOUT SOME KIND OF ISSUE
(We've had it all - urgent care many a times, abscess tooth, stranded in the airport for hours upon hours, Grandpa's "short cut" - sorry Dad, I know you have a better sense of direction than anyone around but I had to mention it because it is now such a funny memory, etc.)

FOR THIS TRIP:
ISSUE #1 - CAR (Yes, being towed)
ISSUE #2- INCIDENT AT THE PLAYGROUND (Not my proudest motherhood moment.)
ISSUE #3 - MY LITTLE WARDROBE MALFUNCTION AT THE POOL

And that is all I'm going to say about that.





I dedicate this post to my amazing parents. We stayed with them for a whole week and they were nothing but fun. Have you guys recovered yet?! (I sometimes wonder how people feel when they see our family coming..."BRACE YOURSELVES EVERYONE!")

PS. Darn it! I forgot to put a picture up of my kids eating Grandpa's breakfast...such a treat!

1 comment:

  1. I want to come on your next vacation!! Looks like such fun! We need to go down to St. George at the same time so we can hang out since life is so crazy here!!! Your boys are so handsome!

    ReplyDelete