Jude is an incredibly fun child to raise. Every year I think, "surely this will be his hard year." That has yet to be the case. Jude is easy going, imaginative, content, and all boy. He loves sports, being outside, swords, guns, action figures, star wars video games, acting like an important secret agent, and watching movies.
He has the cutest little voice and says things that melt my heart every day. He is always kind to me and very obedient. I am trying to think of a time he has argued or talked back and I can't come up with one (I know it has happened but it is very, very rare.) Jude even tells me he is ready to go to bed at night before I tell him it's time.
He thinks his Dad is awesome and more fun than just about anyone. He likes being told he looks like him. He enjoys working and playing right by his side. He often asks, "when will Dad be home?"
He loves his brothers. I love watching him with them because he admires Hudson so much, treasures Owen as his best friend and treats Quinn with big brother love. He is unbelievably patient with Quinn - truly, much more patient than I would ask him to be. If he is playing something and Quinn disrupts him or takes his toy, he just makes it a part of his game. "Oh look! A giant baby just stepped on the poor army men. Lets help save them! Oh that giant baby threw the cow. We have a flying cow on our farm!"
He loves his grandparents and cousins and would spend every day with them if he could. He has just a couple of close friends and he says they are more like his brothers than his friends.
Jude is very shy and only shows his cute personality to a few lucky people. If you are someone he trusts then you know that I'm not gushing without reason. He is one great kid. (Besides, everyone should have only good things said about them on their birthday!)
Jude is my only child with brown eyes...and oh how I love them. The night before his birthday I looked him in the eyes and told him I would miss my four year old Jude. He looked right back and told me that the four year old Jude would miss me too.
Had a few preschool friends over and a couple of neighbor boys who will go to Kindergarten with him next year.
And these guys came by later - couldn't have a birthday without them.
A little party favor. Jude wanted to give bubbles, bubble gum, silly bands, and squishies. I know these aren't fancy favors like real bloggers put together but I usually give each child a candy bar as they leave the party...so whipping out the cello was big time for me.
Cousins came to help celebrate and have yummy mexican food. They left town the next day which made it feel a bit like a goodbye party too. Boo hoo. Tyler will go on his mission in just a couple of months and we will miss him big time.
We opened presents. Jude is into being cool - glasses and skateboard are all a part of his studly look.
Kisses and hugs for Grandma and Grandpa.
Quinn thought that was a good idea.
His dad's boy.
Jude has loved his feetie pajamas but this night he noticed the feet were a bit too tight. I had to take a picture of my two little guys in these snuggle suits just in case my new five year old thinks he's too big now.
Goodnight buddy.
I dedicate this post to Jude. Happy birthday...I hope you felt loved because BOY ARE YOU EVER LOVED!
No comments:
Post a Comment