Well today was the day! I had some grand ideas! However, when it comes to actual execution I always stick with keeping things simple (I'm a busy girl after all). I must say I got a kick out of my simple little tricks!
I found this fake-out tooth paste a few months ago and have been saving it for this very day...
My plan was to put it on several "important" things this morning.
I desperately wanted to put it on Brians' blackberry but it was in his pocket before I ever got my chance. Ugh. Oh well! I put it on his car key instead...AND IT WORKED! I followed him into the kitchen and peeked my head around the corner just in time to see him look at his key and slowly reach down to take it out of the tooth paste! Then I burst out giggling and he thought I was a super dork - WHICH I SO AM!
Then I put my prop on the homework that Owen had painfully worked on the night before. How mean! I casually asked him to go get his homework off the kitchen table and put it in his homework binder. To my delight he gasped when he saw it, "Oh no! OH NO!" Then he touched the plastic and we both laughed and laughed...then together we moved on to the next victim - Hudson!
We tried two different times to place our tooth paste on items important to Hudson - but he didn't even notice it either time. Grrrr. Finally I cried out, "HEY! We are trying to play a trick on you!" He looked at our prop and chuckled - thinking he is obviously way too cool for such shenanigans.
I HAD TO THINK OF SOMETHING I COULD GET HIM WITH! As I was packing lunches I had a sneaky idea. Instead of making Hudson his favorite turkey sandwich I put two plain slices of bread together with an orange sticky note inside that said, "April Fools! Gotcha!" Not that great, but it would have to do.
When Hudson got in the car after school he was excited to tell me that I did in fact trick him! Apparently he thought the note was cheese - but soon discovered it definitely was not! He said he had a good laugh with his friends at their lunch table.
Mission accomplished - a good laugh is just what I was after. What a fun day!
Brian and Owen just headed up to the mountain to get a couple of runs in before the resort closes this weekend. I am thinking Brian may bring Owen home in a fake cast or something. I AM NOT GOING TO FALL FOR IT! No way!
Look at that snowy mountain behind him!
Brian just sent me these pictures from his phone...so I had to put them on here.

Isn't is gorgeous up there?
Anyone who knows Owen will appreciate all the RED he is sporting! Including some hot-rod-red boots!
Such pals.
Happy April Fools Day! Do you have any fun (simple) tricks I could use next year?
I dedicate this post to my sweet Owen. You totally deserve to be skiing right now after not crying when you saw your ruined homework! Thanks for letting me have a little fun. You are always such a good sport. I love you.
You are such a fun Mom!!! Loving your posts and think you are an amazing blogger! Allison wanted to do an April Fool's Joke for school so about 5 minutes before the bus came I quickly grabbed down the old Halloween make-up and made her have a black eye.. She said she pretty much fooled everybody! (I'll have to post a picture)
ReplyDeleteLove that toothpaste! That's the kind of trick I need. I didn't do one thing this year. Last year's was too hard and stressful. :)
ReplyDeleteOwen looks great in his red! Hope he had a fun last day on the slopes.