Of course stinky sneakers come with a stinky counterpart - sweaty socks - which I also picked up...one after another, after another. Just as I was contemplating putting on some rubber gloves I came across something that stopped me right in my tracks.
Hidden under a pillow were a glorious, dainty pair of bright pink ballet slippers! OH ME, OH MY!
A genuine rose amidst the thorns!
My mind wandered to little girls and their cute little ways...something I am so unfamiliar with. I felt for one mili-second like I was picking up my own daughters' shoes.
Then Owen, just home from school, came up and tapped me on the shoulder, "Mom? Do you want to learn how to say diarrhea in sign language?"
"Well - of course I do! Just help me clean up first."
My moment was over.
I am a FULL BLOODED BOY MOM...who knows how to say the strangest things in sign language.
And that is what it's REALLY like.
This funny life of mine - SURE DOESN'T STINK!
I dedicate this post to our little Cinderella. I have to admit that I'm hoping someday one of my boys will be her Prince Charming.
Sorry I am no help in the girl department. It's something I won't ever know either! But still, you'll have four darling Cinderellas for your Prince Charmings some day, and they better all be way nice to you!
ReplyDeleteOh this is hilarious! I love it! I have known cute little Owen to also say the most endearing things as well...he is a good, well rounded boy!:)
ReplyDeleteAs I was reading this I thought to myself, don't worry, hopefully someday she'll be yours too! You know how she feels about it (Oh, Jude needs me! ) Funny! Sorry to always leave a trail behind us wherever we go!
ReplyDeleteI have 2 little Cinderellas for you boys.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post. I can just imagine what a wonderful mother to boys you are. :)
ReplyDelete