I'm dreaming of sunshine and a bit more pep in my step.
(Sick baby finally sleeping. Comforted by the remote control...a true man already.)
Question for you (whoever you are).
I wanted to keep at this for a year and then get a book made - "A YEAR IN THE LIFE". Fun.
I thought it would be a treasure to have one year of our family life documented with a lot of details and pictures. But, I have had several people tell me that the blog books they've had made were very disappointing - bad quality, blurry pictures, etc.
Is this true? Have you done it?
I'm going to be investigating and looking around for some high quality books because I don't want to give up quite yet.
If you want a great blog (or 2) to read on this cold Monday...
I ALWAYS take the time to read this one (and often just this one) - even though it is written by a total stranger. Do you think this is weird? Yeah, I think so too....
Read (www.ruthschultz.blogspot.com - I don't know how to link you to it) and you will become a fan of this mother and daughter (and the crazy boys too). It's my favorite and her last post was so sweet.
It made me reflect on motherhood. Mothers are amazing. Am I patting my own back? I guess I am! If I could be on a cheer leading team, devoted to supporting mothers, I would be. I wouldn't wear those tiny skirts or bounce up and down (I didn't have the guts then and I certainly don't now)...but still I'd cheer for you all!
I dedicate this post to a certain "Gypsy Mother" I'm cheering for. "Rah! Rah! Rah!"
Visit www.alexiskaufusi.blogspot.com (this one is not a strangers' blog - lucky me).
Read - "Through Michelle's Eyes"
All mothers will relate to the relief of a cool forehead, a feisty child, and the joyful sound of family chaos...and then you will start praying with the rest of her giant fan club.
Quit giving up. You are so great at this! You don't need to post so often. Just keep it up. You won't regret if even if you don't print out the year. But, my sister in law, and blogger, Janssen (everydayreading.blogspot.com) says she printed hers out from blurb and was really happy with it.
ReplyDeleteHa ha. I changed my wording b/c I did sound like a quitter! I just wonder if I should be doing this same type of journaling in a different avenue so the outcome will be nicer? I will check out blurb. Thx meg!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog do not quit. You are so great a writing.
ReplyDeleteI love your blogs. You are a great writing. When i read for you blog, it makes me so happy and feel closer to Sherrie especially in being so far from your family. I love hearing about your adventures and learn from them.
ReplyDelete