Hudson LOVES football. He loves sports in general but football has his heart (here is to hoping he weighs more than 90 lbs entering high school like his Dad did...maybe he has big mamma's genes). When Quinn was born Hudson wanted us to name him Quinn so his initials would be QB (for quarter back) to go along with his big brother's initials HB (for half back).
He has played with the same kids and same coaches every year and they have quite a team going. Well this year the city split the team up. Half of his buddies went on the other team...along with the regular coaches...bummer. Of the boys that went on the other team was one of Hudson's best friends Nate (Nate the great sports wonder boy). Nate has played QB from the beginning of all this and can't be stopped. He's great...but he was gone.
Who to be QB now? The boys looked at eachother for a few minutes before Hudson and his friend Kelson both voluteered. So these two boys took the leap and lead the team through the season.
Hudson had the time of his life! He did great - I was a nervous wreck. Too much pressure for this girl. Oh, he's only ten you say? Doesn't change my pounding heart. Should I mention the team stats? No.
I dedicate this post to my buddy Hudson - I love your confidence and wish I was more like you.
My favorite post is the one about Quinn. I laugh everytime I think about it.
ReplyDelete