Well Owen was home sick on Monday. Tuesday he felt good again but I kept him home just to be sure. He was obviously fine because he and Jude played and played all day - had a great day off together. They didn't even fight! Oh my!
So of course Owen went to school today happy and healthy and sure that his teacher would be excited to see him. At around 10am I get a call from the school - that's never good.
Owen is on the line a bit choked up trying to tell me he's not feeling well. What?! I was sure he was fine. Jude heard me talking to Owen, "Is Owen coming home?!?" There was excitement in that question for sure.
Unfortunately I was yet to pull myself together for the day so I scrambled down to the school in very unpresentable fashion (but what's new). I ran into his class and opened the door - expecting to see a sick/sad little boy. There stands Owen all set to go - already wearing his coat and backpack...also wearing a big smile (and Owen has a big ole' smile).
Suspicious.
On the way home I take a look in the rear view mirror and spot Owen and Jude both giggling and bouncing. Hmmmm. Could they have planned this? Even Quinn had a smirk I think.
I dedicate this post to dear Owen....who WILL be in school tomorrow.
That is hilarious! I wonder if he really felt sick or if he was just home sick for Jude. I guess we'll see tomorrow!
ReplyDelete