Each of my kids teachers seemed perfectly suited for them. And although we were very excited and very ready for summer - I know my kids were a bit sad to tell these important people goodbye. I tried to give each teacher a heart felt note expressing my gratitude - but how can you really thank someone enough for spending countless hours a day helping your child learn? You can't.
Owen lost two teeth in one day during the last week of school! He thought it was so funny! By the looks of it one of those little suckers wasn't really ready to come out. He must have enjoyed the attention the first tooth brought him so much that he was determined to wiggle (or yank) the second free a couple hours later. (I'm not sure you can even see his two teeth taped to this paper?)
The first grade put on a super sweet performance with songs and dances devoted to the importance of family. Owen shook his booty so cute during the macarena dance and boy does he concentrate during those singing numbers! Can you see him on the back row?
I am sad I didn't get a picture of Owen and his teacher. I was planning on taking one on the last day of school but both Hudson and Owen ended up sick and missed the grand finale (more on that). Owen's teacher was also Hudson's first grade teacher and they both loved her. I was counting on her being around to teach all of my boys but she fell in love and was whisked away from us. This is actually really exciting because she has been a widow for several years now. I loved that she cared about my kids so much. I think she connected with them because she has raised five boys herself...I loved watching her with her older boys and thinking about what my future may look like. We'll miss her.
Before school ended Jude was able to participate in an art show with his preschool classmates. His teacher is also an art teacher at a local elementary school. He was very proud of himself...I was proud of him and also proud of his teacher. You wouldn't believe the amazing work her students have created!
I can't say enough about Jude's teacher. The fact that she loved Jude, even though he cried nearly every time I dropped him off during the past two years, is really special to me. She could have felt annoyed or impatient but instead she worked and worked with him. He loved and trusted her so much - even if it was hard for him to leave me. He still talks about her all of the time and when he's feeling sad or sick he wants to lay on his bed and listen to the cd's she gives the kids for Christmas and graduation. Just like Owen's teacher - this girl has been through a lot of tough times...and yet she is so warm and kind and loving. I can't wait for Quinn to go to her school and am so happy she is now my friend.
Oh! And...my camera died the night of Jude's graduation but WOW - he cried and cried (desperate cries) on stage for about five minutes of the program but he managed to stay up in front of the audience and before long he was singing and even enjoying himself! I did manage to catch it on video - I wish I knew how to put it on here because it is really, really funny...I mean cute! How could I say a terrified child is cute? How cruel! The best part was listening to Owen cheer him on...he was hooting and hollering at the top of his lungs! "GOOO JUDE! YEA JUDE!!!"
And now I begin praying that he'll be brave enough to go to Kindergarten. Too bad she can't go with him...
Hudson has declared fourth grade his favorite year so far. I can't blame him - his teacher was UNBELIEVABLE! I don't know where this lady came from but we are so lucky to have crossed her path. She has a classroom full of happy students. She makes them laugh and in the mean time she makes them learn...wow, did he ever learn! This was so good for him! He couldn't have had a better teacher to help him grow. She goes above and beyond in every way. They had extra activities and parties - things that took a lot of extra work on her part but meant so much to her class.
At the end of the year the fourth grade had a big assembly to honor students, who pushed themselves accademically, with "The Fabulous Fourth Award." There were a couple of times during the year (like during basketball season) when Hudson wasn't sure he felt like working to reach this goal - but OH MY GOSH was he ever glad he did it when he attended the assembly that day! I was amazed at how exciting the teachers made that event. They had loud music blasting in the background as they announced (yelled) on the microphone the recipients names one by one. When your name was called you ran from the back of the gym through an opening in the middle of the rest of the fourth graders and the parents. The kids slapped their friends hands as they ran all the way up to the stage - like a basketball player entering the game. It was AWESOME and Hudson loved every second!
Accepting his first award (for AR points earned) - no doubt feeling like the stud muffin he is. How did I get a child this old? Mann that's crazy.

Accepting his second award - The Fabulous Fourth Award.

His teacher...I hope fifth grade isn't a total dissapointment after this wonderful year.

I dedicate this post to amazing teachers. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment