I'm the youngest of five kids. The youngest by six years. This means that I became an auntie at the young age of ten. I still remember the day. I've always loved being the "young aunt" - although I feel this title may be slipping away.
I used to pray for each of my nieces and nephews one by one every single night. After awhile I had so many to pray for that I had to change my routine a bit...but I still pray for them and love them all to bits. I'm very lucky.
Even more lucky, I think, is the fact that my kids have grown up with a bunch of older cousins. This may not sound that great - but it is. It's great because these older cousins have never out grown my kids or pushed them away because they were too small.
They have loved them, taught them, teased them, wrestled them.
They have read to them, told them stories, played games with them.
To say my kids look up to their cousins would be a huge understatement.
And they so deserve the adoration.
Back in May we put on our Sunday best and drove a few hours to show Tyler just how deserving he is (and to eat some of Tony and Colleen's unbelievable tacos).
He has now left for Washington which means we have TWO cousins serving missions at the same time. Very cool.
We had a great time celebrating something so exciting.
I'm hoping one day my boys will be so brave. But, I'm hoping even more that they will be so kind.
I dedicate this post to my siblings who have all raised awesome kids. I'm a little worried that they took all the good genes and left us with the job of rearing the family hoodlums.
It made me laugh to think of your boys as hoodlums!
ReplyDelete