Thursday, July 14, 2011

I AM

Before I move on and start documenting our summer happenings, I wanted to quickly post a few of the journal entries my kids wrote during school this year. Funny things those school journals are - you just never know what you may find in there.

When Hudson was in Kindergarten I volunteered a lot in his classroom and watched him spend time writing in his journal. I was secretly dying to read it and snatched that puppy right out of his backpack when he brought it home on the last day of school.

As I started to read I noticed a trend...I read entry after entry about his dad. I read entry after entry about his brothers. How sweet - he always wrote about his family...I wonder what he wrote about me?!

Well I'll tell you what he wrote about me - NOTHING. That's right - NOTHING. I admit I was a bit disappointed, but I still laugh every time I think of that. I have definitely learned to be surprised when I am mentioned in their books!

Heads up - this post will only be interesting to me, Brian, and our parents. Sorry.

Jude:

"When I grow up I want to be an army man. My favorite letter is K. My favorite food is a green apple. My favorite number is 10. My favorite thing to do at school is the freeze dance. San Diego is my favorite place. If I could have one wish, I would wish for a big black dog named Jake."

Owen:

"I cooperate by doing my homework. Sometimes my brethors do not cooperate!"

"Owen is a rilee nice boy. He liks to play football and ride bikes and play wii and play wit his hole famale!"

"My Mom. My mom woks her but off for me. My mom dos good massages. My mom makes good food. My mom is rilee nice. My mom likse to help in my skool. My mom loves me. I love my mom."

"I am a happy boy."

"I can make my bed and pik up cloths and do what I was told and wash dishis and be nice!"

"My family loves me so much."

"I don't know. It was kind of hard to ride my bike."

"I hope I get first place in the fun run."

"I went skeing with Hudson and my dad. My dad got me a lessin. I did rilee good! I got a drink and chips. I love my dad."


Hudson: (Hudson's class did a lot of writing this year, so I had a lot to pick from!)

"One of my favorite foods are banana pancakes. I really like it when they are really soft. They are a lot better homemade than store bought. They also taste really good because my mom makes them."

"If it were me I would like a friend that was kind, honest, and loyal. A good friend would not lie to you or ask you to do something wrong. A friend wouldn't take advantage of you or wouldn't come over just because you have something cool. They would be kind to your family and help you with school work. That is what I want in a friend. What are my friends like to me? My friends love sports and reading. Also, a lot of them like to go skiing. My friends are fun to play with. They are not just sticks in the mud. My friends are honest and kind to me. That is what I like about my friends."

"I am an awesome person. My favorite food is steak. Dogs are my favorite animals. Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan is my favorite book. My favorite video game is Madden 11. In my free time I like playing with my brothers. I am happy to be alive."

"I had a great Thanksgiving. I went to St. George with all my cousins and family. I ate turkey, ham, chips, and a sandwich. Then we went and played a big game of football. Finally, we went home and played a really fun card game called Werewolf. It was the best Thanksgiving ever."

"My favorite day in my life was when I had a surprise party. It was my 10th birthday and I was told I was going swimming with my cousins. When I got there all my friends were holding a big happy birthday sign!"

"One person I really look up to is my dad. He is a really good skier and he taught me to ski. Another thing that I look up to about him is he loves to read. I really admire my dad for being a great biker. We also both love sports. That is what I admire about my dad. I want to be like my dad."

(A fill in the blank page....I bet he was trying to make up for the Kindergarten journal when he wrote all this! HA!)

"My Marvelous Mom.
If my mom were a flower - she would be a rose because she loves red.
If my mom were a song, she would be - A Happy Family because she loves her family.
If my mom were a super hero, she would be - wonder woman because she's wonderful.
If my mom were a candy, she would be - Twix because she loves Twix.
If my mom were a TV show, she would be - Sponge Bob because she watches it with me.
My mom is special because - she always makes me laugh and is never mad.
I like it when my mom - reads to me at night.
I think she's best at - reading because she adds all these funny things to the stories.
I like to make her smile by - making her laugh like she does to me.
My mom is as pretty as a - flower.
My mom is smart and knows - all the problems in math that I don't know."

(Another fill in the blank page)

"I AM.
I AM - a kind and funny person.
I WONDER - what I'll be some day.
I HEAR - my family laughing.
I SEE - me and my friends playing.
I WANT - a dog for me and my brothers.
I AM - an animal lover.
I PRETEND - on Halloween.
I FEEL - a football in my hands.
I TOUCH - a basketball too.
I WORRY - about my grandparents.
I DREAM - about sports.

I AM - that person."




(We ran down to the school a couple of weeks ago to check out the class/teacher postings for next year....so exciting!)


I dedicate this post to these awesome journal writers.

I AM - totally in love with you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment