Saturday, July 30, 2011

JUNE - Like A Flash

I waited. All through the long winter I waited.

Then it came. June finally came.

I enjoyed every second. Every little one.

But, like a flash...it was gone.



I will always love June.




The run off. Gosh, we spent a lot of time there this summer.









Tuesday night games. We have the greatest neighbors.

The Dads.








Quinn (with Hudson) and Max (with Tanner) during night games last summer.

And the two a year later.








I hesitantly pulled up these beauties (I used to love spring tulips...but pansies are now my favorite thing to plant for spring)...so I could make room for some red and white lovelies. It doesn't feel like summer until my mom and I visit the nursery together. I love picking through the flowers with her - I ask her about nearly every variety before I make my choices. Then we dig and plant and fertilize through the summer - all the while discussing which of our picks did well and what we want to do different next year.









We said goodbye to her.
We said goodbye to him.








But, we said hello to him.

And to her.



And to her!




These kids loved helping us tend the neighbors bunnies.

Sis wasn't sure about riding with Quinn.



But she loved watching shows with Jude.



One night as Ashlee and I were cooking we were doorbell ditched.
Not the regular kind of doorbell ditched.
Rather, the kind of doorbell ditching where you leave a random animal on the doorstep.
Never heard of that?
OF COURSE NOT - BECAUSE THAT IS JUST BIZARRE!
But that is what happened.
The mystery cat - appropriately named clue - stayed with us for several days.
Until we solved the mystery and a sneaky little boy had to come back and reclaim him.

It made for a little extra excitement and a weird story to tell.



I don't know why I always get so busy taking pictures of the kids that I forget to take pictures of the people who gather them together. Thanks for coming to visit Ashlee...and thanks for the hours and hours of talking. Nothing like slowing down and doing nothing but enjoying the company of someone you love.








We watched him play baseball. I giggled and got teary eyed. I love watching my kids learn how to do new things and gain confidence just by putting themselves out there.

We decided not to sign Hudson up for baseball this year (much to his chagrin). His team went to State last year (where they got killed b/c baseball in our city is small time compared to the surrounding cities) and that season wiped out a good chunk of summer. We are just now starting to eliminate certain sports. Apparently trying to let four boys play every single sport is just not going to work. I know, I know, what's summer without baseball? Oh well.







Friends asked if we'd like to escape up the canyon for a bit.



We jumped at the chance and it felt like a good ole' fashion summer day.








We hit the pool and had major raft wars.

"What are you doing here?!" - I don't know what they were really saying to each other here but this picture made me laugh! Two goof balls.







"YOU are the best dad."

We celebrated.

We celebrated Father's Day (neither of our fathers were in town, darn it, but we had Brian to gush over). And we had a birthday party for my mom (a picture of which I posted awhile back). Both such special things to celebrate.

"YOU are the best little boy."




And that is some of what happened during the magical month of June. Magical because it's the very start of all the fun - the Christmas Eve of summer. Magical because it's gorgeous here in June. Magical because the days are fun and the nights are long.

I dedicate this post to having my kids all to myself again...the true reason June is so magical.

(And yes, I was around during this month...I just couldn't find a single picture to prove it!)

1 comment:

  1. Love your post!! The boys are so handsome and you guys do such fun things.. (I loved that the gazebo in the pictures looks familiar. Made me tear up a little bit.)

    ReplyDelete