Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Dozen Derby's

My intent was to blog once a week - if that - BUT there is always so much fun going on around these parts!

Last night brought us to our third pinewood derby.

Remember how I feel about creating Valentine's Day boxes? Well I think that is probably just a sliver of how Brian feels about making these derby cars.

Our scout pack does a great job of making the evening about fun more than about winning... still, no dad wants his kid to have the super slow car. So there is some pressure.

To be honest, at Hudson's first derby there were a few tears - but that is just a family tradition because Brian had some tears at his first derby as well...remember Grandpa?

Last night was great!
Happy Hudson, happy Dad.


Here is Brian giving Hudson some last minute advice. Just kidding! At this point there is no skill involved - put it on the track and cross your fingers.


Hudson and Quincy


Hudson and London (who is really good at making weird faces - he actually is a very cute boy!)


Hudson and Jace


I got a couple fun shots of Reno for Matt and Mary.
(If you happen to look - this is right after YOUR BOY got first place! Woot woot!)

Hudson has a bunch of other great friends in this big group of kids...I love where we live. We have terrific families helping us raise our boys. I'm not too proud to admit how much that helps.


Owen isn't quite a scout yet but I was really touched by the way he supported his BFF Baden in his first ever derby! They both look so nervous! (See Baden's dad Jeremy in the background with his arms folded? I bet he was nervous too!)


They cheered, "YES!" when the car passed the finish line...which means Jeremy did a great job!



I dedicate this post to Brian, of course! Three cars down...nine more to go.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you,thank you, you made Matt's night. Last year Matt got "the look", the look that says "thanks for the help dad but I'm totally losing". That picture was of a happy boy with a great car! We were so sad to miss it, but...well, Hawaii was awesome! Thank you for thinking of how badly I wanted a picture! What a great group of boys and parents!

    ReplyDelete