Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What it's REALLY like...chicks dig scars.

The truth of the matter is that with a family full of boys there are bound to be some accidents. In this post I'm not only telling you what it's REALLY like...I'm showing you. If you are squeamish I recommend that you don't scroll down through all the pictures. He he he.


I am not a thrill seeker. I don't like fast speeds. I don't like heights.
Adrenaline does nothing for me.
In my book "safety first" is a great motto.

So OF COURSE I was given four adventurous little boys and a husband whose motto is "chicks dig scars" - just great. Help me now.

I learned quickly that I have an interesting situation here. Should I just fold and decide that my lot in life is to sit at home knitting while my little family experiences life without me? No. I may be cautious but I'm not boring (well, maybe a little boring). So I tag along on the adventures and I participate in all the fun.

Since I'm being honest here - I don't just tag along because it's fun. I also tag along because I somehow feel that if I am present I can keep anything too crazy from happening. The big boy and his little side kicks always want me to come so I must not be too annoying.

However, being in baby mode these days means that I often need to stay home. I don't mind...baby mode is my favorite mode after all. The bad part is that when I'm left behind I tend to worry about my boys a lot more than when I'm there. I am married to a giant tease and Brian loves to feed into this worrying. If I text while they are gone - just to see how everything is going - I will almost always receive this message back, "We are at the hospital."

Very funny.

Yes, very funny.... until one day I get a call from Brian telling me Hudson got hurt and they are headed to the hospital.

"Ha ha. How's it really going?"

"Sher, I'm not kidding! We are headed to the hospital. Hudson's hurt and bleeding like crazy."


I'll spare you the whole story because it's actually not that exciting...other than the fact that Hudson had to be rushed (at serious speeds) out of the mountains on one of these. Cool.


And... he had to have his stitches (a lot of them) done at a little mountain town hospital instead of waiting for a plastic surgeon. But Hudson wasn't worried about his chin looking pretty because his Dad had taught him early that "chicks dig scars." Watch out girls! It's a good one!

Poor Hudson... but also poor Brian. As much as he jokes around with me, he is very careful with his boys and this little accident broke his heart.

However, the adventures were only slowed down temporarily...and Hudson broke his nose 3 days later.

And that is what it's REALLY like.


(missing baby Q in this pic)


I dedicate this post to Brian...who amazes me every day with the way he is able to love and nurture his little boys while at the same time making sure they turn out brave and strong. Our life wouldn't be nearly as fun without him!

5 comments:

  1. I say keep on blogging I love all your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw. poor hud.

    i remember that day, the instructor drove hudson out of there soooo fast!

    LIKE CRAZY FAST!!

    and it is very try chicks dig scars!

    ang

    p.s. your email wont work. do you have a different one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherrie I am loving your blog! You write your stories so beautifully. People probably come here because they connect with what you share. Keep it going :)

    ReplyDelete