It's really nice - although lately Jude seems to have an opinion about what is cool and what isn't. His vision of cool looks a bit K FED to me - or maybe a little ICE ICE BABY. Oh well, whatever his style is he works it with his little strut.
Anyway, the only clothing drama we have is because we have boy clothes coming OUT OUR EARS! One day Hudson was talking about how lucky his brothers are to be getting all of his "handy-downs". I told him he was right - except that they are called "hand-me-downs". What? Really? Yes. Really.
His version made great sense though, right?
So handy.
Occasionally we get all these little clothes (that pretty much look the same) mixed up. A few years ago I sent Hudson to school in Owens' cargo pants. I watched him walk into school and thought, "Wow! He's sure grown. Those pants are way too short." It wasn't until that night, when Brian asked me why Hudson had on Owens' pants, that I realized what had happened.
A few weeks ago I put the wrong jeans in Hudson's drawer again. He came into the kitchen all ready for school with his pants six inches too short and his white socks totally exposed. He's so skinny those size seven pants slid right on and he didn't feel a bit uncomfortable. I laughed and laughed and laughed - until he was annoyed that I was still laughing.
On Sunday I asked Owen to go change out of his church clothes. Well, when Owen gets dressed he is usually talking to himself about something, off in his own little wonderful world - not at all focused on what he's putting on. He and Jude share a dresser and a closet, so sometimes he puts on the wrong things...this time he came out of his room looking like this!
(I especially love the black socks)
"Mom, do these still fit me?" (Cue mom laughing and laughing and laughing)
"No Owen. Sadly - they do not."
But I've got bags and bags of "handy-downs" that will fit you!
I dedicate this post to my niece Angie. We thought she was having a boy and would take all these clothes for her little guy...but alas she's having a girl! We can't wait! (My brother has all girls and now his first grand baby is a girl - funny huh?) Oh my gosh. We've been teasing my brother and his wife about becoming grandparents...but just this second I realized I am going to be a great aunt.
I AM OLD.
I love that picture !!!
ReplyDeleteI being a Great Aunt isn't that old. I've been one for over a year! I too have bags and bags of hand me downs for Hailey, but I still manage to buy her plenty!
ReplyDeleteYOU ARE NOT OLD!!
ReplyDeleteyou are a super young cute mom!
it first i was scared about having kids at such a young age, but then i think about you and how fun you make it look!
I LOVE THIS POST!
and i am totally flattered that i got the DEDICATION!!
ya, that's right everyone... be jealous!
That pictures is extra awesome because it looks like the plant is growing out of his head! :)
ReplyDelete