Monday, February 14, 2011

This Valentine's Day was all about THE CRUSH!

I know that Valentine's Day is really meant to be a holiday for couples - but Brian and I are VERY guilty of making everything about the kids.

Hmmmm (me thinking).

This attitude is either going to result in our children becoming adults who feel happy, secure, and comfortable giving and receiving love - OR - it will result in them becoming adults with overactive egos, who believe that life is all about them and are always expecting to be showered with love and attention. Oh my...please, please let it be the first one.

A few weeks ago I picked up some little items to give the boys for Valentine's Day. I thought I found just the right things...but a few days later Brian came up with a surprise that would really excite! Nothing electronic, nothing grand...

Just a few cases of PINEAPPLE CRUSH SODA!

Last summer, while at the beach, we ended an especially fun day in the sand with a little stop at a taco joint right off the ocean. We'd been to this spot other years but never thought to try the Pineapple Crush soda. Brian suggested we give it a try. The boys went crazy over it!

When we got back to town we went to try and buy some at the market...Pineapple Crush was nowhere to be found. We researched a bit and found out it is sold in select stores, in select markets....not our cold weather market.

The boys have been talking about it ever since.





Well, Brian took a one day trip to California last week and called me from there...

"Guess what I just got the kids?!"

"Ummm, I don't know. What?"

"Pineapple Crush...I shipped three cases home! I thought we could give it to them on Valentine's Day."


I'm laughing, knowing how excited the boys will be - and at the same time wondering how much that cost!? That is some expensive soda!





As you can tell it was worth every penny.



After all of the Valentine's Day excitement was over, we were too hungry to wait for the dinner I'd planned to make. We jumped in the car and went for pulled turkey sliders instead. On the way out of the restaurant we put two quarters into the giant fortune teller machine.

We all leaned in close to hear these words, "Dream as though you'll live forever. Live as though you'll die today." Ooooooo - how wise that mechanical man is! I'd say $60 soda falls in line.

On the way home I heard the boys talking about how this was one of the best days ever.

I have to agree.

(*Even though Valentine's is more for the kids than for Brian and I - I HAVE to thank my nephews who babysat for us the weekend before! I still can't believe you called and ASKED us if you could...you are the best!*)



I dedicate this post to all four B boys...if one day, in your teenage angst, you feel like your Dad is lame or even cruel - I hope you will read this and know HOW MUCH HE LOVES YOU!

3 comments:

  1. I love it!! That is the perfect post and Valentine's Day is all about my kids as well! I loved seeing you from the car the other day!! We REALLY need to get together. (Randy would love pineapple crush soda.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO fantastic!! They must have shared some soda with Quincy because he told me about some special awesome soda you guys have. Next time Brian takes a one day trip to CA tell him to send back some Fred's Taco's ;-)

    ReplyDelete