Monday, February 21, 2011

Struttin' like crazy

Remember how Owen finally participated in crazy hair day? Well, considering how shy Jude is you can bet he has NEVER wanted to participate either. Last year he was the ONLY kid in his class to go to school with regular, nicely combed hair on crazy hair day. I'm pretty sure he thought all the other kids were crazy for doing such a thing.

Last week I saw a note from school saying that the hair day was approaching, but I didn't ask him if he wanted to go CRAZY. I was sure he wouldn't and that was fine. At least he is finally going to school without crying. Yea!

But... when that day came he got dressed and then told me we needed to get his hair ready, "In a crazy way." What?!

AND he wanted it to be just like Owens' was on crazy hair day. Half red, half blue.

AND he wanted me to put a picture of his hair on the computer just like I did with his brothers' crazy hair picture...so here it is!



He didn't like having the paint sprayed on. "Mom, that really freaked me out." He thought it felt like the spray they use to remove warts - yes, he's familiar with that.

But boy oh boy did he love the final product! He was strutting around with even more attitude than usual. Isn't it strange that my shyest child is also my only one who has a strut?

He had tons of fun at school that day. Except - "Mom, Jacobs' hair was so crazy - it totally freaked me out and I didn't want to sit by him on the rug." (Jacobs' mom - my friend - must be really good at creating crazy hair!)

Can you tell Jude frequently says "freaked me out"? I think it's cute.



I dedicate this post to my older boys because I tell them A LOT that their little brothers watch everything they do. This is sometimes said in a positive way and sometimes said in a threatening way...but it's true either way! Watch your step boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment