Monday, February 7, 2011

Not so sure about all this...

I know this is going to be a boring post...not even a picture...

I resisted starting a blog for a long time. I thought it would be much too time consuming and also a distraction that I didn't need. I couldn't find the time to read blogs much less have one of my own.

Then when I was pregnant and sick with Quinn I started looking at blogs while Jude watched Go Diego Go next to me on the bed...after seeing every episode two times each I needed a distraction. I started blog hopping around. I stumbled upon a few people I haven't seen in years..."Oh, that's nice. They look good." But this blogging world was only fun for about a week and a half and then I was bored and started watching Diego again.

That was until, six months after I had my baby, I received an iphone for Mothers Day. I did NOT have the time or desire to sit at the computer and read blogs...but I did have the time and did have the desire to read while I sat in the school parking lot waiting for my kids or when I was waiting and waiting at the doctors office. This is how I discovered a handful of blogs that I began to really enjoy. A couple are family/friends and others are strangers I found I relate to and feel inspired by. I loved the records they were keeping of their families - I wished my boys had something like it...maybe a blog IS something worthwhile?

Fast forward to now.
I Finally start a blog of my own.
Discovered it's not time consuming at all - in fact it's fast and simple.
Discovered it IS however a bit of a distraction for me.

I also discovered that I have a different set of concerns about blogging. When I realized that more people were reading my stories than the seven people I told about my blog I began to feel...well, I'm unsure about how I feel. Happy? Weird? Do I want my personal life to just be mine or is it fun to share the fun?

Last week I felt like I didn't want to be in this cyber world.

This week? Well, I think I'll keep at it - for now.

I wish you'd tell me what YOUR blogging experience has been. Positive? Distracting? Fun? Exposing? I know you won't really comment...but just thought I'd ask.

I dedicate this post to the people out there who blog and share and inspire - when you're being honest and real it does take some courage.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry it's just me commenting, but I do want to say I am glad you are still at it. I think your writing is great, and I love your stories. Your kids will too. Keep at it, even if you end up going private.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for responding. Yours is a blog I love to read b/c you share your thoughts with your pictures...and it will be obvious to J and T how much they meant to you during these years. Thanks for teaching me how to blog in the first place - I should keep at it just because you spent your time helping me and are so patient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so....I had an old blog that I shut down last year. I got lots and lots of hits but I had no idea who was "watching" me. It makes you feel a bit uncomfortable right? When I announced that i was taking it private all of these silent visitors came out of hiding and left me comments. I was shocked! They weren't stalkers at all. They were just people who enjoyed the same hobbies as me. The people who come to your blog probably really relate to you and what you are doing with your life right now. That's why I do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherrie! I found your blog today reading Cindy's blog (from a comment you made on her NYC trip). I have a blog I've kept pretty religiously for a couple of years. But after I had Colin I pretty much stopped. I rarely have time to read or write on my own blog. But when I do, I love it. Good luck with yours! Your family is adorable, which is only to be expected!

    ReplyDelete